Monday, October 22, 2007

Still a Work in Progress

Yes I know...I should be done with with by now, and this is the weekend of the alpaca show at the fairgrounds!
Here is some progress so far. One more to go and of course, it is Carbon Copy, the one with the longest name. Sorry about the blur but I was kinda in a hurry when I took this.
This is also the layout in which I am going to sew them together, the missing space is for the last square.
Stitching the names on was harder than I thought it would be. And of course I eyeballed it. I am not 100% happy with the results, but I really did not have a clue how to go about it.
Tomorrow is my Friday (finally) It seems like it took forever to get here! I will finish this on Wednesday come hell or high water!
And don't you know it, just as I suspected...the final square to be knit is the only one that did not match up in size...yes, I foo-barred that one and now I have to frog the last 5 row and continue the pattern stitch for about an inch...then re-knit the last 5 border rows. WHAT THE HECK!
Best laid plans...and all that! I guess was over anxious to get them done.
I will be giving the whole thing a swish in the wash water once it is all put together... and yes I will post a better picture.




And Dawn, my thanks on behalf of my friends in the pink! I will pass on your comments to them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...