Thursday, October 04, 2007

Charity Knitting

I must have been tired last night. I woke up this morning and found I had posted this picture with no commentary. Oops- a sure sign that I stayed up too late!
This basket-o-scarves is ear marked for a local homeless shelter. It is just a start, I have six done so far, but as soon as I am finished with the alpaca project I plan to start knocking out some more scarves and hats. (My stash depletion plan). I have a lot of fuzzy wuzzy yarn left over from the squishy blanket that will be perfect for a warm scarf to help someone see the winter through.
I have a couple of friends that have an over abundance of yarn as well that I taught how to knit last year (they crochet as well). I am hoping to convince them to join me in this endeavor. There is a local shelter that my Police Department runs a coat drive for every winter. I think this would make a nice compliment to any coats we receive this year.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...