Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Farewell Poem- We Love You Bubby


When I come to the end of the road

And the sun has set for me

I want no rites in a gloom filled room

Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little, but not for long

And not with your head bowed low

Remember the love that once we shared

Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take

And each must go alone.

It's all part of the master plan

A step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick at heart

Go the friends we know.

Laugh at all the things we used to do

Miss me, but let me go.


Elizabeth Seale 
Beloved Cousin
1932-2008


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that exert, however you spell it, your good-bye to Elizabeth. Isn't that such a sweet picture of her and I. What memories I do have of her are all good and I've learned over the years of losing loved ones to be happy for them because they are in no more pain and in a good place.

Dawn said...

Love and hugs sent your way!

NatRed2 said...

Sar- you probably don't remember but it is the same poem that Grandma left for me when she passed away.


Thank you Dawn. I need lots of them this week.

Dawn said...

That's so very sweet!

(((((Big Hugs))))))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...