Monday, December 22, 2008

A Fridged Winter Solstice??

Jumpin Josephat is it ever cold!!

This must be by far the coldest winter solstice that I can ever remember. I am sure The Farmers Almanac could tell us otherwise, but I can't remember one this cold ever in my life. Tonite it is -4 degrees!! Not including the wind chill of course. And we have so much snow that poor Brodie has to leap frog through it because it is up to his chest. Unfortunately he can't get back to his favorite potty spot. Uncle Twiggy shoveled out a section for the dogs...needless to say two out of the three are still adjusting to the snow shock. 


The frigid wind is another story. It is so painful to be outside that even Brodie doesn't want to be out.

I am so glad that I bought those boots when I did, my tooties have stayed nice and warm in them.


You just can't seem to take a picture of cold. 

While the wind howled outside I made this headband for a last minute Christmas gift for Mr Man, it matches his Mossy Muffler.


And this Drops 86-10 headband for Vicki, to go with the Woven Cord scarf (Rav link) that I gave her for Christmas. (we have already exchanged at work so it is safe to show you this)



Another Christmas Surprise came in the mail. CA Dawn, not to be outdone by TN Dawn in the gift giving department sent me this little beauty along with some of the best smelling strawberry soap that she and her husband made together! Not only does her soap smell fantastic but it is heavenly on the skin!
This has certainly been the Season of Surprises for me!!

Dawn this is beautiful thank you!!! You must tell me which pattern this is.

I am now off to brave the fridgid cold weather to look at a couple of townhouse, then finish up some odds and ends so I can get the kids prezzies wrapped and ready and out of the way.


7 comments:

Dawn said...

Made me cold looking at the pics! Brrr!

So glad you like it! The cloth is the Lattice one on my project page! I wish the strawberry smelled more...though my nose don't work too well, hubby said it smells good too!:) Hugs to you and Brodie!

Love your Christmas card too...poor Brodie in the freezing snow!:)

Dawn said...

I can't believe all the SNOW! Brrrr
And here I was complaining about RAIN! :P

What a great surprise! I thought Dawn was going to stitch together some giant afghan when she was whipping out all those cloths! LOL!!

Stay Warm! We only got down to about 15 last night w/wind chill about 8. But we're due to warm up again...thank GOODNESS! ;O)

Nancy said...

Yup, it is hard to take pictures of cold weather. The camera yearns to be tucked inside a warm pocket.

The headbands are wonderful and will definitely be appreciated on cold and windy days.

Anonymous said...

The soap smelled delicious, let your friend know I loved it! A teacher of mine lives nesr our family in TN she also said all their getting is rain. They can have our snow, I don't care lol. It's freezing and I need my sockies mom j/k. Thank you for making them for me. Tell Mr. Brodie that his cousin Herbie says Merry Christmas! See you Wednsday

NatRed2 said...

DW-the soap is perfect the way it is...have you used it yet? it is awesome! I love the cloth too. I am going to have to start making mine that size.

DS- ( I think James has been helper her knit...LOL) You both are very sneaky!! Yesterday felt like spring at plus 4 degrees... :) We have lots more snow today again. Should be fun driving to the Endo Dr. today.

Nancy - you're right, the camera does urge to be tucked away in this weather. I am so glad all my shopping is done and I don't have to walk a mile to the mall entrance in this weather. ( he better appreciate that headband...LOL)

I agree Sar- Dawn and Robbie need some of our snow, we are running out of places to put it.

Jane said...

I've been snowed in for the past 10 days, so I know how you feel. Never been so glad before that I knit!

NatRed2 said...

Hi Jane! Love your blog. I will take mountains of snow over that frigid cold any day. I am always singing "let it snow, let it snow". Our snow plow drivers always blame me for ordering the snow.
Altho, I have been snowed in before, not so much fun after say the second or third day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...