Sunday, December 14, 2008

An Unwaved Tidal?



 After a fun filled Friday of MRI's and Ultrasounds on Unmentionable Parts. I finally got that damned training manual finished ( with Pammys help), and training meeting out of the way on Saturday. And none too soon I might add...since NewHire starts on Monday...Phew! Nothing like being under the wire.

Of course I had myself a couple of really good pity parties over Bubby (thank you my good friends for helping though that). Now I feel like it is time to really buckle down on that Tidal Wave sock!

Hmmm....for some reason my Tidal Wave doesn't look like the picture. Ok maybe I wasn't paying attention...so I start over (if I haven't started over at least a coupley times with a project something is definitely wrong!). I spend Saturday evening diligently following the pattern instructions (dammit I know I am doing this right) and I now have a couple of pattern repeats to gaze upon. WHAT THE HECK! "Kel...does this Tidal Wave look like a tidal wave to you?"  "mmm....Nope." "Shazbot!" (ok- that is not what I really said). "looks kinda big"  she says. "What the.... "

Oh no....compared side by side to the picture...it doesn't look like a darn thing like tidal waves.
Go figure...well I did only rip it out twice so far.



I was thinking I just couldn't see it because of the yarn pattern...but I'm thinking that it not the case here. Maybe my brain just cannot comprehend a sock that starts with 64 stitches? Seriously this sock could fit any number of kankles and it is not so very wavy! Should I try a lighter colored yarn maybe?

 Caught in the act!!! I walk out of the room for two seconds today and Mr. Destructo stole my cell phone off the table. Now really - just who did he think he was going to call!!

On a side note...my sexy little red camera that Mr Man gave me last year for Christmas seems to not be working so good all of a sudden. My LCD display is missing, which would be no big deal except this little camera has no view finder. So all I can do now is just point and click, and hope I have the subject matter in the right spot. This could make the Christmas photos darned interesting this year!




5 comments:

Dawn said...

What a little stinker! Wow, stealing your cell phone!

Thinking of you...:) hugs

Dawn said...

You keep taking away his knitted smooshies so he has to retaliate somehow! LOL! Maybe he was going to call Santa?

I can't see your Tidal Wave sock too well but I know you can do it! Don't give up, did you check the project photos on Rav? I usually use a 64 st cast on, but it varies depending on the yarn I use too. It's a good size! Really! LOL!

Take care! PS. What were all the tests for????

NatRed2 said...

LOL...call Santa...You funny girl. I have given him TWO blankies and he has a basket full of toys...You would think that would be enough. He takes great delight in stealing my sleep mask right in front of me too.

I will check out Rav and see what every body else did. Maybe I am not the only one not waving.

Anonymous said...

I think you should take a picture of "Vicki's" scarf with her wearing it. She is a sexy woman and I would like to see more pictures of her.

NatRed2 said...

You are very funny!!! Anonymous- You need a google id. I will have to show you how to set one up goof ball.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...