Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm In Yarnitopia!

There's some kind of Christmas conspiracy going on!!

Yesterday I went in to work early so that I could "work my magic" on yet another last minute Power Point for the Chief (oh - yea) and the girls at work tell me I have presents. What??? Presents??? "What happen to we exchange with our partners?" "Well... we love you"

So I open my gifts and what do I find? The cutest ever Brodie picture frame from Jackie!

Look how they go together..."Like peas n carrots"


Pammy had this for me...a bounty of Andean Treasure!!! I absolutely LOVE Andean Treasure, baby alpaca is the softest ever yarn.  Mystery Heather, Embers and Woods! All my favoritest colors too!

And this adorable glass ornament- Which Brodie thought was real interesting too. 


Then I get home and find this in the mail box!

This I knew was coming from
Socks that Rock Hollyday yarn!!! This is even yummier in person than it was on her blog!


Accompanying STR was a lamp work (looks like) stitch marker by Sunneshine in red, a pad cutey sheep note paper and a sample of Soak to wash my finished Frismasy sockies in. This is my first STR yarn so I am pretty darned excited about it.



The biggest surprise by far was this package of goodies.

TN Dawn -queen of cutey socks and berets, sent me these yummy Lornas Laces in Watercolor


These adorable stitch little dice markers...obviously for the gambler in me ;)



And this crazy Jingle Bell pen!  This is such a Jeanne-like pen, I played with it half the night...Already I have had to move it out of Brodies reach and he tried to snatch one of my skeins of yarn. I think he thought it was another bungee baby.  

I'll tell you why this was such a surprise...Dawn is a sneaky girl...I would have sworn I just exchanged address' with her on the ...oh -15th according to my email. Yet this little surprise package was shipped on the 12th!! SNEAKY SNEAKY DAWN! How did she do it?? There is no way that I am that forgetful! (somehow I think I am going to be really embarrassed when she finally tells me)

I am so blessed in my friends! And do they know me or what! I could not have asked for anything better!!  
Many many thanks to my dear friends!


7 comments:

Dawn said...

You opened your packages!?????:)

Hey we both are STR virgins!:) Can't wait to work with it!

What beautiful yarn!

Love the Brodie frame!

Love the package TN Dawn sent...beautiful!

Lots of hugs sent your way!

NatRed2 said...

Of course I opened them...it is the rule here that you have to open them with the gifter present.

Mail is free game;)

I am going to have to use a sock pattern that will do all that yarn justice.

Nancy said...

Oooooh, I love the stitch markers, and the yummy yarn.

Enjoy all of your surprises.

Unknown said...

Wow! Fantastic mail!!!

NatRed2 said...

Hi Nell thanks for stopping by... another redhead I see ;)

I love getting surprises in the mail!!!

I just found out last night that Dawn made those adorable stitch markers just for moi! Sneaky and Clever!!

Dawn said...

Tee hee hee!
I am the sneakiest Elf ever!
(Nah, I just got lucky! hahaha!)

You're such an awesome knitting buddy, I just had to say "Thank You". Give Brodie a BIG Christmas SQUEEZE for me too!;O)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Yay!! So glad it arrived! Looks like you had a fantastic yarny week!! Oh, I hope my Christmas week is similar (I asked Santa for yarn!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...