Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bountiful Monday!



Oh I know it is already Wednesday  but I have had a pretty busy couple of days with the snowfall and all that- but anywho- on Monday when I returned to work I found a box waiting for me from Lynda who lives in Sunny California! Last year Lynda very kindly helped me out tremendously with my Hats for Homeless project and twice sent me a box of hats and scarves to give to the homeless shelter. Lynda doesn't blog but she read them, which is how she found me...as well as knit and crochet and she is very generous. 


This is what was in the wonderful package that was waiting for me at work! 21 fleece scarves, 20 pairs of gloves, 17 knitted hats and 4 fleece hats! I know the shelter is going to be so pleased with this gift. I have 16 more hats cut out and ready to sew this week as well as a donation of fleece from another co-worker to make more with. 



Here is my Crazy Co-Worker Vicki, who after a year of working with her she now tells me she wants to learn to knit! Well thank goodness she is a smart cookie under all her silliness because we don't have much of the year left for her to learn, and she picked it up like a long time knitter! I gotta say... I'm pretty proud of her! She can even talk and knit at the same time! I just love sharing my addiction with others!! I told her before long she will be able to watch TV and knit.

Then my Monday got even more exciting. When I got home, I logged into Ravelry and found a message waiting for me from Irishgirlie knits (a blog/Rav buddy)! I won some really fantastic Christmasy sock yarn from her blog!!! How exciting...it just keeps getting better and better! I never win blog contests so I can tell you I 'bout fell off my chair. I have been doing the Snoopy Dance ever since. IRISHGIRLIE YOU ROCK! Make sure you stop by her blog, she knits up some really fab stuff!



4 comments:

Dawn said...

You lucky dog you! How cool, can't wait to see the sock yarn! Whoohoo..doing the happy dance with ya!

Thats soooo awesome all the stuff you're going to donate. I love doing that kind of stuff. I usually knit/cro for the NICU unit here or for UC Davis Cancer center.

How fun to have a fellow knitter at work! Yeah, for passing on the addiction!:) Give her a high five!

hugs

Dawn said...

Looks like you're set up for a great week Jeanne! ;O)
Just more and more good things happening!

NatRed2 said...

Yup it is going to be a busy week end...I think Kelp will have to come over to assist in the sewing binge.

Anonymous said...

hi,
I think it is great you are teaching your co worker how to knit. You are very lucky to have such a wonderful and very attractive co worker. She looks so smart!!!! I bet she will be making all kinds of things in no time. Have a great holiday!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...