Saturday, November 01, 2008

Down to 4

Ok- so it is actually 5 WIP's but one of them doesn't count.
I have been trying to discipline myself into finishing some of my WIP's before the year is over. I think I did a darn good job depleting my stash, so now I want these WIP's done before they become UFO's...not that there is much difference. My biggest excuse so far is "I can't keep track my place on the chart" Sounds good right? So I bought that cool magnetic board for charts from Knit Picks so that I don't have to worry about the stickum getting unsticky on my sticky note and knitting the wrong row.

I am ever- so- close to being finished with the Alien scarf. Too bad I did not have it for yesterdays Hot Dog Roast at the PD! Not that I needed a scarf yesterday, it was a gerogeous day out. Perfect for all the adorable little fairies and witches and ghouls. This year we could actually see their costumes since no one needed a coat.

Sometimes I have the greatest job in the world!!! I get to save lives sometimes, and sometimes I get paid to take pictures and play with children and socialize... Doesn't get any better than that! I even got to spend some time with my family even though I was on the clock. How many of you have jobs like that?? The only real bummer was that Brodie could not be there :(
That and the fact there were about a thousand unruly teens on the street intent on creating mayhem and damage.

The kids with their kids

Raine as a witch (again)...I couldn't seem to catch Ethan without his mask.


My co-worker with his little guy Jackson, along with almost all of the PD staff and their families participated at our Hot Dog Roast.



Prior to all that mayhem- I did manage to start my Special Olympic Scarf Project... (Rav Link) I got a whole two rows done...woo-wee. This one will be crocheted (obviously) in a wavey pattern. I will probably have enough for a couple more scarves so I will have to figure out another pattern. I noticed that many Ravelers are doing multiple scarves, probably for the mere fact that there is so much yarn in these skeins. There are some pretty cool looking scarves on the Rav link.

I had one and half balls of this chunky stuff from a hat that I made for Mark (one he never wore of course). Since there was only about 75 yards left there really wasn't much I could make from it. I modified the Fidget to make the yardage work out. I'll probably make another one of these since it was such a quick and easy project. It is done in a twisted moss stitch which was mindless and interesting at the same time.

Yarn: Valley Yarns Shelburne Chunky weight
Size 10 needles
Time took? completed in just over a day. Quick and sleezy ;)

I also made a big mess of my office this week trying to re-arrange it. I broke my tall book shelf and had to have a repair job done on it (thank goodness for male friends with tools). I been doing the whole fall clean up thing in there. The Throw-out- stuff -that -I- have- been- hanging- onto- for- years- and- not- using kinda of thing. I think I am making some head way, and at least I can see my desk and the floor again! Now to start attacking all those bins I have in the closet!!

7 comments:

Aim said...

That DOES sound like a nice job!! You go with all your drive to finish WIPs!!! I need that drive too, Christmas gifts languishing for lack of time, and all other WIPs taking a back seat to gift-knitting....good luck with your goals :)

Dawn said...

Good luck with all the wips! You can do it!

NatRed2 said...

I am determined to start the new year with a fresh batch of WIP's...LOL
Not making any x-mas prezzies this year so no pressure there.

Dawn said...

You're doing great with your FO drive! I love that Fidget you made! I wish I didn't tend to get hot so fast or I would make me one for sure! It looks so stylish!

I know what you mean about organization. I never get ahead but it feels good to get some projects done to help things along.

We had a nice Fall Day for Halloween too! No coats this year! :) Chelsea was a witch again this year too, she's growing up too fast, she said this is her LAST year. Just tear my heart out kid, that's ok! :(

Take it easy and when are you gonna work again on the GBF socks????? ;O)

NatRed2 said...

What??? Last year???? ou tell her I still go Trick or Treating!!

Dawn said...

LOL! I know! I told her I did it even when I was in high school! (Being Short helped although nowadays the kids are 10 feet tall!):P

Come on, give the GBF socks some luv....LOL!!!

NatRed2 said...

I'd say I would try them again (GBF) when I get my head on straight again.... but that could be never. I am working my way there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...