Friday, August 01, 2008

I must have a loose screw!

OK- here I go again on the Girlfriend's Best Sock. I had to borrow Kelpy's 0's because I couldn't find mine (which of course I now have located). I have frogged and frogged and frogged this sock so damn many times this week. Every time I get to the pretty diamond pattern and find I am off a stitch, or I just had a brain fart when I cast on and miss counted. It has been one thing or another with this one. So this is as far as I have gotten with it.

That is after I botched the Koolhaas! I think I zigged when I should have zagged, so yet another project to go into the frog pond for later review.



I have probably over-committed myself for the Ravelympics 2008!!! What the hell was I thinking???? Ravelympics starts at the beginning of the Bejing Games, and the point is to knit something that is a challenge for your and complete it by the end of the Summer Olympics.

To start with, I want to make a Vertigo scarf, so I entered the Scarf Stroke Event. This scarf is so pretty and I want it. I was all set to order some new yarn when I took a good look at my stash. It calls for sock yarn, and OH Boy do I have sock yarn. Not that I have a sock yarn that is rainbow flavored but I picked out this Lorna's Laces and I think it will turn out pretty cool.

I will have to order another 2 skeins of white, one more for the scarf and one for the project I earmarked for this skein.

And since my ego is clearly way too big....

I also decided enter the Home Stuff Hammer Throw Event. (This is where I decided I must be out of my ever-flippin' mind!) Four different dishcloth patterns and five Tribbles!! Tribbles, no big deal, but the dishcloths? I am not so swift with a graph and I have to work from a graph for three of them.

Again, I was going to buy more yarn (remember I am trying to Stash Down this year). I have two partial cones of cotton sitting idle and I also have this!!!




This was a great little project I picked up a couple of years ago at Stitches. Too cute of a hooded scarf that I was about a third finished with (cast on of 400 stitches), when I laid it down to yell and somebody else's dog that was taking a pee on my office door, when low and behold the smoke alarm went off... And guess what? It is not flame retardant! Yup, that's right, I accidentally set my knitting on fire!! Tip: Do not burn candles at the same table your knitting at!

Anyway- this very pretty yarn is a mercerized cotton so it should work well for all those dish cloths I plan to make. Why buy more yarn when I have all this to use up! Besides, I am saving my pennies for the 23rd when I go to Stitches!!

Brodie just turned 4 months old the other day!!! He is getting to be such a big boy! We are starting to come to an agreement about Momma's knitting time! He is no longer continuously trying to eat it while I knit, just part of the time, so I feel we are making progress.

I am positive he is going to grow up to be just as beautiful as these two little boys. the one in the frame is Kashmir (Kaz) and the other one is Eros (Kaz's daddy). They are both over the rainbow now :(
I hope I get all my stupidity out of my system before the games begin, because I am going to be doing some marathon knitting.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow did you sign up for a lot! I chickened out and didn't enter any of them! I didn't want the pressure! You go girl! Good luck! Love your baby pics! My sweet baby has chewed some of my projects too...she prefers alpaca!:) hugs...

NatRed2 said...

Oh you still have time to sign up for at least one project!!!! I will admit, I may have been over zealous, but I am determined to cross the finnish line!!! Plus, my new green home needed some new green dishcloths ;)

Dawn said...

Wow!! Are you ever the Olympic Athlete!!! You go girl! :O) I saw all your things and I about passed out!

I only picked one project and I already feel stressed about that!!:P That scarf you're going to make is unbelievable!!! It looks so complicated but it's just slipped stitch knitting? Awesome! I can't wait to see how it comes out with the LL's. Is that the Vera colorway? I have to try this too, I love it!

Your doggies were gorgeous and very regal looking I have to admit! Brodie sounds so funny! Tell him he has a lot to live up to! LOL!

Put away the Girlfriend socks. You've got too much going on! Those aren't as bad as they seem but your knitting mojo with them seems a bit off! LOL!!! Try them later on down the road!

March On, you crazy Knitter! ;O) We're almost to the starting gate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...