Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weaving the Plaid

My addiction to scarves is apparent here. I have made quite a bit of headway on my Tilted Blocks (Rav link). It is so simple yet so unique looking. Should cause a little stir of bit of envy this winter I am thinking ;)

I have spent much of the last four days sitting my big butt on the floor. Not lazing about of course but weaving that retched red, white and blue afghan that I have had sitting around for the last two years. This is the third woven afghan I have made, the second RWB one, and frankly I am heartily sick of the thing.
The weaving portion is a pain in the arse! I have to cut three strands of yarn for each weft, and stripe it in 6, 4 and 2 rows to create the plaid pattern. I am just about half way there.



Thankfully I had the comfort of listening to my long awaited Brisinger while I wove.
Unfortunately my book is finished and of course, yet again, the author has left me hanging, waiting for the next book to find out what happens next.
In the meantime, I have this particular mess left on my living room floor and I am determined to finish it before picking it up off the floor.


My poor baby has been doing this for the last two days. He had is neutering appointment Thursday morning. When we got to the vets office, the woman says to me " Oh Brodie is here for canine castration?" I said "Shhh, that is an ugly word, I told Brodie he was here for a snip snip" She just laughed. You would think that doggie people would know better than to say something like that in front of a little pup.
Brodie was a little upset with me I think when I picked him up that night he bit my nose! Not hard you understand, but firm enough to express his displeasure.

Today he seems to be over it, he is moving around much much better and is back to his usual self. It is hard to keep him from jumping and running today, because he has his springs back on.
Yesterday he fair drove me nuts with the constant pawing on the couch to be lifted up on it. Up and down, up and down...all damn day.

OH HAPPY DAY!!! I just now stepped outside to take Brodie for a walk, and discovered the reason for all the noise upstairs. The ignorant ass upstairs is moving!!! YAY!

This man has been throwing food out on the lawn at least once a night every night since the Twigs moved here a year and half ago. Twig and I have caught him several times, told him to stop, reported him to management, and finally, on the first I had been pushed to my breaking point and called the police. The nasty half cooked meat he was throwing out has been making all of our pooches sick.
All of us were damned tired of cleaning up the yard several times of day. All I can say is that there are several of us in this building quite happy to see him go!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Ohhh, Poor Brodie! I know it's tough. My brother got my Mom two kittens and guess who had to take them in to get them fixed because he was TOO busy! Yep, me. (Last summer when I was there helping her out.) I know it's tough. Cami Rose never forgave me but I think Baby was relieved! LOL! We got our cats and dog AFTER they'd had it done! Whew!

That scarf is great! How the heck are you doing that weaving? More pictures? I've seen it done on those wooden structures but you're just doing it on the floor? Anyway, it's stunning! I've seen scarves made that way and they're just beautiful.

What a jerk that guy was! What did the police do? Not much they can probably?? Seems like that should be attemtped murder or something.

Take care Jeanne! You sound busy as ever! LOL!! I'm busy doing the "laying low" thing.

NatRed2 said...

The cops said NO NO Carl... so far so good.

Kellie just burst my bubble.. Here I was doing the Snoopy Dance over him moving and all that is happening is that he is getting new furniture.... I cannot tell you how disapointed I am!

Next Post I will detail the weaving for you.

Dawn said...

What awesome weaving...I'd never use it, its so intricate and beautiful! Poor Brodie, no longer a boy but an it!:) I hate to see them not feeling well, it breaks my heart. I was so upset when Fuji was fixed..she doesn't like being away from her mama! The techs at the vet couldn't even touch her she was so upset and snippy, they called me to do it! I think your neighbor needs to be thrown some raw meat at him! Whats with people? Couldn't they get him with littering? Sorry he hasn't moved!
love and hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...