Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Good Grief Charlie Brown!

Well could I feel any more stupid than I do right now... Sock's for Pete's sake... I can do them in my sleep... well I thought, and well, apparently not. I was happily ripping out my stocking when I noticed, oh horrors of horrors...I forgot to turn the heel... and did I not notice that it looked kinda funny?? Worse, I took a damn picture of it and put it on the Internet, so that nice person in Istanbul that read my blog could see what an idiot I am.

All I can say is Good Grief Charlie Brown! I wonder where my head is sometimes!

Well, I always say that a little public humiliation is also good for the soul...like I don't get enough of that on my job...LOL

Anyway my little stocking is ripped back to the do over part, and sadly, I did not get to work on it. I had planned on running to Hobby Lobby on Monday to look for a green, but I spent the day fighting with Sears to get my washer fixed instead. Fun times!



I think maybe I have Adult ADD! I just flit from project to project, willy nilly. Instead of going to the store in the evening and finishing up one project, I decided to work on the mystery bag...ok the cat is out. It is a bag. Can you tell? I am up to the little snappy parts and then the pocket. The pattern is called Blue Sky Bag from Pursenality Plus. I planned on it to be a Christmas present but if I don't stop spreading my self out I will never be done in time.
Flit again...


I decided I needed to make two pairs of socks for a last minute, overdo Christmas gifts, so I ordered4 skeins of Lorna's Laces charcoal from my favorite Ebay store.
Of course I don't wait for the yarn to get here, but dig around in that ridiculously over stuffed sock yarn bag an pull out a ball of Bamboo yarn from Southwest Trading Co. that I bought at Stitches Midwest this summer.
I have to say, bamboo is absolutely amazing! It feels so incredibly silky on the needles, I can't wait to have it on my foot.Sorry, just another pair of plain ole' boring socks. No exciting pattern for me. I knit for comfort now, since I need to be careful of what I put on my feet. My days of toe socks and cutesy patterns seem to be over.



Here is where I am at with the hats. I currently have 11 finished and 5 scarves. As soon as Sears decides to show up and repair my washer (which better be in the morning) I will get them all washed and packed up to go to the P.A.D.S. shelter. I plan on delivering them along with some donated baby clothes on my next day off, which is Tuesday.
I wanted to have more of them made by now, but I will have to pause on the hat making till I get my other Christmas gifts finished. The little bit of shopping I have done made me realize I am running out of time.
Time to Flit again.





4 comments:

Dawn said...

I sure hope I didn't jinx you. My last Sweet tart socks caused me so many "What the heck am I doing?" moments I lost count. LOL!

I'm Totally flit-ting too...we're just so on the same wave length!!! Scary huh??? Maybe it's something with the atmosphere, or the planets aligning, or not enough chocolate or caffeine????

One of life's great mysteries....

NatRed2 said...

Hahaha! No worries, you didn't jinx me! This is the story of my life. More than likely it is probably all of the extra work I have inflicted upon myself. Even tho we are not same signs, we have some of the same traits don't we ;)

Must be those planets...lol

Monica_Kun said...

"Good Grief Charlie Brown," I like the Peanuts characters also especially pushy Lucy. I keep hearing about bamboo yarn but haven't bought any yet. I'm curious to see a picture of your socks with the bamboo yarn.

Good luck juggling the projects and Christmas knitting gifts :) You'll finish them in no time, before you know it :)

NatRed2 said...

Hey Monica :) thanks for stopping by!
I have to admit that Linus and Snoopy are my favorites. Growing up I think I had every Peanuts paperback ever printed ;)
Bamboo pics coming soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...