Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Back Home Again!

Oh My- what a long trip!! We left on Thursday afternoon for Tennesse, it actually took me longer to get my act together than it took my daughter, she was ready on time, I was not. We did not leave until noon - thirtyish and of course had the usual nasty traffic in Chicago, then the nasty rush hour traffic in Indianapolis. We made it to the motel at 11:30 pm our time. Not too bad considering all the fuel and potty stops we took. Raine was an angel the whole trip! She is an amazing traveler...must be that truck driver blood we all share..ha ha.


Even though the reason for the trip was sad, it was amazing to see my cousins again, and Raine really needs to get to know them all. The funeral was hard to take, and very heartbreaking, but it is the natural order of things and we are strong survivors in this family.

Raine was surprisingly comfortable around all of my cousins. Usually she is a little bit stand-offish and shy, but she was completely at ease there. Even stayed at Mary and Everett's house while Sarah and I went up to the top of the mountain.





Here is Raine and Everett


(this is the serious picture... she just wanted to take a goofy one)



Me -Lost in the Mountains... No clue where I was or how I got there, but I found this street sign while I was trying to locate the cemetery my father is buried at...he must have directed me here... because I have a photo of him standing with this very sign...LOL




My Aunt Lelo's Farm - Many of my favorite memories are of here.



Looks like Some of Raine's will be too!


The trip home was brutal, we got discombobulated in Morristown and I wanted to drive back through Cumberland Gap, since Raine and Sarah had never been that way in the daylight, but the damn GPS kept trying to take me to hwy 40! What the Heck! So by the time I figured out how to go back the way I wanted, it was starting to get dark. So Sarah and Raine still have not seen the trip through the mountains during the daylight.
Second star to the right and straight on til morning! 5 am Sunday morning that is, I was so tired when I got home that I could not even see straight and went right to bed. Neither one of us wanted to sleep in a bed other than our own, so we kept on driving. Needless to say, I did not do any knitting on the whole trip, although I did have good intentions and I brought it with me.


Dawn and Jane I thank you for your condolences. They are very much appreciated.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...