Monday, November 19, 2007

Two-Count 'Em Two

I received two invites this month. The first was to Ravelry! I had seen every one talking about it and wondered what all the fuss was about, so I was kinda late in taking the plunge. I felt like I was 9 -bazillion on the list, but it finally came! And Holy Cow, is that place time consuming. I guess once you get your stuff set up it won't be as much of a project in it's self. And pretty cool it is too!
It has forced me to pay more attention to what I am doing with what yarns and what patterns and needles, as well as forcing me to upload more pictures to flickr. All for the better - right?
I do tend to lose myself among everyone else's projects, but it is fun to see what other people are up to. I haven't gotten into the people part of it yet, but have joined a few groups. I have seen some people that have joined hundreds of groups...when do you knit then? I am going to keep my socializing down to a minimum I think. I have add a few projects to my want list thank to Ravelry!

I have found tho, that blogging and Ravelry and forums are time away from knitting, and reading my favorite blogs. I feel like I have gotten behind in both lately. Plus with all the family stuff and extra hours at work lately, I haven't had time for anything else. I don't see how so many people have time to knit such beautiful garments and still have time to spend chatting to other people about what they knit. I guess I am not as good a multi-tasker as I thought!



My second invite came from 25 things for Charity ! I wish I had run across this blog much sooner, I think it would have prompted me to start knitting for charity much earlier in the year. I guess with all the people in need in the world, there can never be enough done. My post can be found here (warning- I was standing on my soap box when I wrote it).


I am up to 9 hats for homeless now and 1 more made for my niece Emily (she's 6).

I use the same basic hat pattern for all of them. I will post it for anyone interested, just as soon as I have time to translate my scattered thoughts onto paper. It is Easy Peasy!


3 comments:

Lulu said...

they are beautiful

Dawn said...

What an awesome giving spirit you have! :)

You're right about Ravelry. It's very consuming at first. I found that I joined most groups to learn from reading posts more than participating. It's been fun though! I LOVE being able to see what others have done with x yarn etc. It's very inspiring.

Keep up the great work and have a great holiday!

NatRed2 said...

Thanks Ladies!

I do try, I believe we get back out of life what we put into it. I find there are too many in our small world with so much less than I have, that it is a small thing for me to give.

Dawn- I think that is my favorite part about Ralvery..seeing what great ideas everyone has! your right... It is very inspiring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...