Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A long road back!

We all do it...I mean drift away from our blogs at some point. Easy to do, life happens and gets in the way of our good intentions...and time just slips away.

Harder still is dragging yourself back. That's what I had to do d r a a a g myself back. It has been almost a year since I last made a keystroke on something other than good ol' Facebook  or send a text. 
I kept thinking, "oh it's been too long - nobody will be left to read my meanderings" and "I haven't done anything worth talking about" yada yada yada...

I guess that part is not really true. It took a visit from my step-brother Norman, who still managed to schedule blog posts even while he was on vacation here, to shake me from my reverie. "You really should start to blog again" he told me. He's right, we may blog, (and think) about completely different things, but the essence of why we do it is the same- everyone needs to reach out to other people. 
Well Hello- Here I am.

Some of my blogger friends already know that I have have relocated. I sweltering heat of Florida! Some of you may be saying oh lucky dawn! We'll talk about that later.
Last year my dad (who has resided here for the past 25 plus years) got scary sick. Refused to go to the hospital on the premise that he had no family here...WHAT EVER Dad! So I made the very difficult decision of relocating myself, Brodie and all of my yarn to The Sunshine State The Flip Flop State.  

Well I found out what I always knew - It is too freakin' hot here for me and Brodie! Well actually- Brodie has acclimatized - I'm still working on it.

And- while it is too hot to knit- I did get some crocheting in since  have been here. New Baby Carson need a blankey from Auntie. So in-between roasting to death I managed an Auntie Jeanne Star Blankey  Special for him. And it is big enough (no I didn't measure it) that he will be able to drag it by it's tassels when he starts walking. 

 I know - I know- you're thinking- if it's too hot to knit, how is it cooler to crochet? Well it isn't!!! I damn near perished from having that thing so close to me!!



Now that I am surrounded by water ( sure am having a hard time wrapping my head around the water is west of me now) I see a lot of this. I am about 15 minutes from the Gulf where the water temperature is like bath water.

 And I get to do some of this. Not really too much of it though because I need to wear sunblock 5000 down here. And it has been hotter than HADES! I find that some days when I try to go I get heat sick no matter how much water I drink. Usually my beach jaunts only last a little over an hour then I'm cooked.
I sure do love the water though.

But even better is the Market!! I LOVE the Flea Market!! Well I don't care so much about all the booths they have inside...it is the fruits and veggies they have down here!! Everything down here is BIGGER and some of it kinda weird and freaky. But I am trying some new stuff...not that lavender colored eggplant tho...just couldn't bring myself to eat it.







I miss everyone back home more than I can say, especially my girls! But the Internet makes it a smaller world and I no longer have to depend on the mail man to bring me news. Phew...cuz If I had to wait that long to get the scoop...

I starting doing some housekeeping here so expect some changes- and hopefully I'll find something to ramble on about. Maybe even some knitting.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Welcome back! It was great to open Google Reader and find your blog ready to read.

I'm sure you will love the temps once they start dropping rapidly up North. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Um...I know it's been awhile with the blogging and actually spelling :P So I let some of these ooops' slide :) Haha mom. I'm so jealous of the Ocean being at your back door but not too sure about the extreme heat.

lorrwill said...

Thanks for blogging.

Seriously. People who blog provide valuable information and entertainment. (Especially crafty blogs!)

NatRed2 said...

Nancy- thanks for still watching for me, I always try to keep up with what you're up too ;) You're right, I will appreciate the weather when ya'll are freezing..LOL

Oh and Sarah- really?? ONE typo...I spellchecked (just now) - brat

Lorrwill- Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...