Sunday, September 26, 2010

Moving right along...

Moving forward, a couple more projects I completed while I was MIA.

Katy Scarf was a kit I purchased last year at Stitches, started and put away because it is beaded and beads get heavy to work with and I got lazy. On this one the beads had to be strung onto ribbon yarn. Of course I was constantly pushing the beads back because obviously, you use more beads than yarn.. low and behold...then damn yarn broke. So it sat for quite a while NOT being worked on. I finally started the whole thing over because I also discovered a dropped stitch somewhere along the line...grrrr , then realized somewhere in the move...(yup that is how long this one has been in the works,) I lost half the directions.
This scarf should be called Calamity, not Katy! It all turned out in the end, after I figured out how to make the end of the scarf look like the beginning part, one would never know I lost part deux of the directions. Which I naturally found about two weeks after I finished the scarf! Go Figure!

But...in any case, she is finally finished...and I will probably never do another ribbon yarn project again.

I enjoyed making the blue shawl so much that I tried my had at another one. This one is one skein of Knit Picks Shimmer. Loved this yarn! I used the basic shawl start from Clara's pattern and threw in some repeats of yo's and basically knit until I ran out of yarn. I did add a crochet border after the fact.

You can almost see the border in this picture.
Until next time...


3 comments:

Nancy said...

Such beautiful finished projects. I've never been brave enough to work with ribbon yarn OR beads.

Dawn said...

Oh man, I'd be weary of anything with RIBBON yarn and beads! You brave girl! LOVE LOVE LOVE the shawl!!! I gotta get my brain working again so I can tackle something that I won't screw up 5 million times! :P

NatRed2 said...

Well Nancy, I do admit to liking the beaded projects but not so much on the ribbon yarn. I discovered that if you are misfortunate to drop a stitch...it is gone!

Dawn...believe me, I do screw up my brojects a zillion times before getting it right...LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...