Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pedi Break


Last week I took a much needed pedicure break! Even tho my appointment was really too early in the day for me, it was heaven! Heated massage chair, warm bubbly water, pampered feet and good friends sure made up for the lack of sleep I got.



I did manage to bring my head out of the fog long enough to get in another pattern set on my Tidal Wave socks without any mis-haps. (Not that you can see the waves in this picture, but it is finally turning out right)
A year ago (almost to the day) I decided to order the Basics knitting course from TKGA. My intention is to work my way up through the Masters course. Right after I got the course in the mail, I took that nasty fall in the driveway and was incapacitated for a while. Just long enough to lose my steam over the course. Good thing there is no time limit!
I had a couple of nights without my trainee this week so I dug out my course and finally started. I figured the lessons would be simple enough in this phase that my half brain could comprehend them.
Swatches...I can handle swatches this week.


Other than that, well... Internet house shopping and stupid Vampire Wars on Facebook is the only other thing I have had the energy to do.
Next week I switch back to days for 3 days for a class I am going to attend, then afternoons for two weeks to finish up training New Girl, then- just maybe I can settle into and comfortable routine on mids.


4 comments:

Dawn said...

What's the Vampire wars on Facebook? I don't go on there that much so.... So glad you were able to relax with a pedicure...how pampered with a massage chair too! How is that program through the knitting guild...I've thought of doing it but then my local guild still calls themselves the guild but didn't stay within the actual system??? weird I know. Take care!

NatRed2 said...

So far it is good, I actually learned a couple of different increases. I am glad I decided to start with the basics.
I think I sent you an attack-invite to Vampire Wars. I have spent way too much time there the last two nights...lol

Unknown said...

Ahhh... a pedi sounds like heaven!

Dawn said...

Sounds like a much needed comfort for you! I can't even imagine someone else touching my feet! It makes me laugh to just think about how much it would tickle me. :P

Hope things settle down with your schedule soon. I really feel for ya, I'm feeling that way almost all the time! LOL! Hang in there!

Can't wait to hear how you do with the MK course too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...