Sunday, March 21, 2010

Plus Two

I sorta forgot to post about this one!
Last month I mentioned that Mark had a catastrophe with his yummy warm alpaca scarf (felted), and of course he waits til we are in the midst of a blizzard to discover it. So I quick made him the emergency scarf to tide him over til I could get more Andean Treasure in the mail.
I'm pretty pleased how this one turned out. The pattern called for a bulky yarn so I double stranded this one to make up for the lack of bulk. I loved knitting this one!! And it knit up pretty quick. I had it finished in just a few days.

I think he even got to wear it a few times before the weather started to turn.

Pattern:Montana Scarf
Yarn: Andean Treasure Midnight Heather
Needles size 10


My two time loser lace scarf turned into a winner on the third attempt! I finally started paying attention to what I was doing and managed to complete it this week.
I keep telling myself that I suck at the whole lace thingy, but yet I keep tormenting myself!
I wonder what Meyers-Briggs has to say about that part of my personality!!
The original pattern calls for a lace weight but I think it looks good as it is. Plus...alpaca is my favorite medium for scarves! Soft, uber warm and no itchies!

The most amazing part?? Not a "design feature" in either project!! I couldn't be more happy with the way both scarves turned out!

Pattern:The Ox (Rav link)
Yarn: Andean Treasure (lost label..no clue the name of the color)
Needles size 6

I decided to frog the Broadstreet Mittens since I am not digging on the pattern and use the yarn for oh maybe...socks? I am on another sock kick. After my test used of new "yarn thingy" aka swift, that my friend made for me, my fingers starting itching to cast on for some cutey new socks so I started the Flutter-by socks (Rav link). first time using the Art Walk Yarn too... I'm digging on both so far ;)

Since I figure I musta peed in someones Cheerios last week, judging by the incredibly nasty karma that ensued all over me...I figure I needed some extensive sock therapy...ASAP!




3 comments:

Dawn said...

Fabulous scarfs!

Nancy said...

Lovely scarves. Glad that the lace scarf pattern finally worked out for you. I don't knit a lot of lace for that very reason.

Dawn said...

I love both of your scarves! I've never tried the Andean Treasure yet but it sounds like you give it two thumbs up!;O)

I'm still not sure how I react to alpaca but a friend gave me a couple of skeins of something with alpaca in it so I'll maybe give a scarf a try (one of these days)!

Shooting back an email at cha soon to chat more -and I agree, get some socks back on the needles. They really do sooth the crazy knitter in us! LOL!
Take care!! ((Hugs))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...