Thursday, March 11, 2010

3rd Time's a Charm?




Hopefully!

I've been struggling with this pattern for a while now. Ridiculous really since it is a one liner, but for some reason lace patterns and me do not get along. I got all the way into my second skein of yarn when I got a good look at it and discovered tons of design features. Well now that can't be, so of course I ripped the darn thing out.

Attempt # 2...Now isn't it funny how the pattern reads so much easier on the second time around?? Going along swimmingly ( back to where I was on the second skein of yarn) when suddenly the unthinkable happens! My Harmony Needle came unglued! I fixed it of course but not before loosing a crap load of stitches. There again- lace and I...do Not get along. I cannot seem to put those YO's back on the durned needle the right way! More design features! Frogged again!
This is attempt #3... I don't want to jinx myself but so far so good. All I really wanted to do was use up some yarn on a nice simple scarf!



A couple of months ago a friend of mine from work made this little baby. My swift broke last year and I have been ghetto rigging it and getting into tangles for my efforts.

Some how Matt got talked into a little woodworking project. I showed him some pictures and he made me this wonderful swift. (Not knowing a darn thing about yarn too I might add.) he made it to accommodate super sized skeins of yarn. I finally used it and I like it sooooo much better than the commercial ones! I had no idea he was so handy!



Raine went with me this year on Saturday to attend our annual Polar Plunge for Special Olympics. I played Department Photographer and Raine built sandcastles.
I have to admit, once it was over we beat a hasty retreat and did not stay for the After Plunge Party. I visited the dentist the day before and he attempted to pull a tooth- unsuccessfully I might add...Nothing worse than a trip to the dentist, except a trip to an oral surgeon! That requires a little R&R and lots of pain killers!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

You get the Gold medal for persistence! I would have given up on the second attempt.

Love the swift your friend made for you. My nephew made a similar one for me two years ago, but I like the sliding pegs on yours. (Mine has individual holes in the braces so I can adjust for the size of hank.)

Hope your tooth problem is remedied soon.

Dawn said...

Wow, love the swift! good luck on your project...its so pretty!:)

Ug dental procedures...no fun, no good..........good luck and hope it gets better soon!

Bars-Jazz said...

I MISS YOU!!!!! Hope your mouth feels better...and I love your swift :)

Dawn said...

Jealous x 10,000,000. Neato swift! What a great friend!

Not so jealous about the tooth thing tho! :O( You poor thing! OUch!!!! Hope you get it fixed soon!

I know what you mean about lace, it's something I try to avoid myself! I'm just too sleepy anymore to do anything that requires much thinking...:P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...