Saturday, February 20, 2010

I got the "Where are you?"

TN Dawn very nicely prompted me with a "Where have you been?" note recently. I do tend to lose track of time being on the graveyard shift. Not really a good thing I know, but I also just kinda didn't have anything to talk about. I hadn't done much knitting, or living, and frankly work has been boring as hell, so hence my absence. I have no idea how CA Dawn can write daily. I can barely function some days. ;)

Here is what I've been up to the last few weeks:

Mark's afghan is finally done the right way...It only took me three tries to get that final strip crocheted in the correct order! He is a patient man when it comes to stuff like this ( the only thing he is patient about...LOL) and his birthday surprise was only a month late!

Project scoop:
Pattern - Simple Squares - Double crocheted- loosely based on every other block afghan in the world.
Yarn- Lion Brand Jiffy
Hook - K
Size - 50 x 70


Mark had a tragedy during our last snow storm- I got this call
"Mary- (he calls me Mary) guess what I put around my neck this morning?"
"Umm - I dunno- what?" It's like 7:30 am on my Monday- I can't answer these trick questions!
" A rug"
"A rug?!?"
" Yah... A Rug"

So in real people speak- he accidentally washed his alpaca scarf with his jackets and, yup - you guessed it- It felted! And boy-hidy was he pissed!!
Naturally he asks- "How quick can you make me another one? By 4 o'clock today?"
Riiight!

Well since I had to order his yarn - more alpaca since that is now his favorite, I made the Emergency Muffler. It did only take me a day, however it was not that day but the next.

Project Scoop
Pattern- Marks Emergency Muffler- Simple garter stitch.
Yarn- Left over Lion Brand Jiffy from the afghan
Needle- Size 9

Since I didn't measure it I can't give you that- I just hurried it over to the boy's house since he was whining about having to buy a cheap scarf from the store. This from the man who would never wear one because real men don't wear scarves.





5 comments:

Nancy said...

Hey, welcome back! What a treat to check my Google Reader and find your post.

NatRed2 said...

Thanks Nancy! Sometimes I forget myself ;)

Dawn said...

Ha ha I don't write every day...I can't think up that much stuff!:) Do have fun playing with you on WWF!

What great projects!

NatRed2 said...

LOL... sure seems like you write everyday to me. I LOVE WWF! I need more IPhone friends- that game is addiciting!

Dawn said...

LOL! I know, blogging can seem like a chore at times. I need breaks too. You got so much done! The blanket and scarf look great!

Wow, graveyard shift has to be hard! It would be perfect for an insomniac like me but for normal people, ouch.

Take it easy and keep posting, I don't want to have to send a posse out for you. ;O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...