Sunday, November 15, 2009

Half A Pair and Half A Scarf

Finally I got the one sock finished, I love the pattern but I am not enjoying the yarn. Noro is very pretty but I am not liking the stiffness and scratchiness of the yarn so much. I am hoping the sock will soften up and become a little more pliable after it is washed.

I think I would do this pattern again in another, much softer yarn. I have some Socks that Rock yarn that I got from Carrie I think I want to try in this pattern.
Since I had purchased two skeins of this yarn, and will only need one for the pair of socks I decided to make a fishnet patterned scarf. I figure it will be quick and sleazy to make and I can't have too many scarves.I've discovred that knitting with Noro- requires lots and lots of hand cream.



Basically my goal here??? Use this yarn up as fast as possible so I can get my hands to recover, and to move on to some softer projects!

Now if I could just get figure out how to hold a book and knit comfortably at the same time.


2 comments:

Nancy said...

I know what you mean about the Noro: it is rough on the hands. I love the colorways but don't like texture.

The sock is gorgeous as is the scarf. Nice Job

Dawn said...

Yep, I agree. I have two skeins of the sock yarn that I've yet to experiment with! :P But the COLORS!! That sock is GORGEOUS!!! The scarf is a fantastic idea too! So pretty!!

That's a really neat pattern....off to check it out.....;O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...