Friday, September 11, 2009

Yarnfest Time!


How many goodies can you fit into a shopping bag???


THIS MANY!


Today my Co-worker (Lisa - new knit convert) and I went to Stitches MidWest where we pushed are selves to the limit...along with our wallets. Lisa worked last night and I have to work tonite so we forwent the whole sleeping thing...who needs sleep anyway, to take our happy camper butts to Schaumberg to get our yarn fix. For me it is like a pilgrimage, for Lisa...it was her first time.

One of the vendors likened it to a candy store...I think of it as yarn-crack. Completely addictive!

I went with the idea of buying a new swift...yah no... that did not happen, but I did get a few patterns and some shawl kits geared for the lace challenged knitter.
Bought some fantastic yarn at ...erm 40 clams a crack...(see... there's that yarn crack thing again). But it is so darn pretty,and you can't really tell here, but it looks like it has been sprinkled with faery dust! In fact it is so pretty, I couldn't make myself go to sleep until I took out my ghetto rigged swift and wound one of them (the one that reminds me of faery wings).


And of course, once wound I immediately cast on for the mobius shawl pattern I got when I purchased the yarn.
As Brodie patiently waits for his momma to quit playing and go to bed!!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

How fun and what great purchases!

What is the fairy yarn?

Go to youtube for help with the drop spindle....sooon after some cussing you'll be addicted!:)

Brodie has such a come snuggle with me face!

Dawn said...

Great haul Jeanne. I'm sure you'll be spinning in no time too!

NatRed2 said...

Dawn- the faery yarn is from http://www.blueheronyarns.com/ .. the lighter color is called Marshgrass silver...I call it Faery wings ;)
It is a rayon mettalic yarn. Very soft!!

That whole drop spindle thing...I have been dropping it for two years now...when do I get to cuss? Seriously I am thinking i am going to take a class with this new grass roots (re-inactors) place that just opened up about 20 miles from me. They have a class starting...oh crap ...this month I think.

Nancy said...

Wow, what a great shopping adventure. Have lots of fun with these purchases.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...