Monday, September 21, 2009

Like a butterfly

From flower to flower

Sometimes...I wonder where my head is at!

I have had this problem all my life...I see something, think it might be fun to learn, then I launch myself into yet another project. What were you thinking?? I say that to my many callers at work (under my breath of course). I blame my mother of course... she did raise me this way!

This week I thought it might be fun to make polymer beads... so I impulse shopped my little self to Michaels, buy a couple of packets and off I go. Now I used to be heavily into ceramics and pottery back in the day, so much so that I drove my mother crazy digging up the clay from the back yard, making beads and flower pots in the oven. And that worked for me...I am a little bit bohemian and of course every pot and bead I made was unique (lots of macrame hangers around the house). As an adult I find that I am striving for a uniformity that just isn't there.



THE BEAD PROJECT:

In theory they should have had a pinwheel design like this.

The reality was more like this!

And lets not forget, just another in a long series of the calamity events in my life, the bead that I dropped into my coffee cup... which I drank anyway.


I get the concept of course, but the application usually seems to be lacking...ah well...it is therapeutic at any rate.

I do try to do things myself as much as I can, I hate being dependent on someone else. Things like hanging curtains, or say blinds. In which case Mark aka He-Man ( I am not She-rah BTW) comes over and looks at my handiwork, (which I find completely acceptable by the way), points out where I went wrong, the basically pats me on the head and says "Honey, you stick to answering 911 calls, I'll take care of the man work". I think he likes me to be dependent on him. Nah... he's not really chauvinistic...riiight!

On the "I mostly know what I am doing front" I started the mobius shawl from that pretty sparkly fairy wingish yarn and am nearly finished. Can't really screw this one up, it is a no brainer.
On the other hand... This poor little cabled fingerless mitt... I have frogged 3 flippin' times! Not because I don't know what I am doing, but because I just don't pay attention.

Again...I blame my mother, she did raise me this way! If nothing else...I find my life boredom free. ( I do still plan to take that spinning class)



4 comments:

Dawn said...

Love your projects!

I'd of drank the rest of my coffee too! Pretty beads!

I laughed so hard thinking about Brodie with the fibersphere!:) Hadn't even thought of that!

hugs

Nancy said...

I've never tried making beads, but it looks interesting.

Love the mobius. It like it would be perfect for casual or dress-up. Nice job.

Dawn said...

They sell this handy dandy little tool that helps your beads all be uniform in size too! It's just a little plastic thingy. My second mitt that I'm working on for Jessica has been a nightmare as well. I'm starting to think it's cursed. :P

NatRed2 said...

I you tubed it after I made my little beads - of course- and saw that little bead roller...duh now that would have made sense right?

Those other mitts you made are darn cute Dawn. I'm gonna blame my ADD on diabetes! Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...