Thursday, April 09, 2009

Finally - A Pair

Here they are! The long awaited Tidal Wave Socks!! TA DA! I know, I know, I can hardly believe it myself, and TN Dawn has already ribbed me about the number of blog posts it has taken to get them done. This has been the for-ever sock project, with multiple restarts! I was actually shocked to see I had started these in the beginning of December when I updated them on Ravelry. Kinda down right embarrassing in fact.



I'm starting to feel like I am getting a little bit of my groove back on. I am keeping it small to start with, and continuing to work on new goodies for my new digs. (That's if I ever get any new digs)

This was an easy start to finish project, another dishcloth to be packed away for future use.
And as always, Brodie is right there to help me take a picture! This was an easy pattern stitch to remember and I probably could have finished it in a day if I hadn't started it right before my beddy bye time. I used less than a ball of yarn on size 8 needles. I have to say, with this yarn a smaller needle would have been better. I like a denser fabric for dishcloths. I guess I really did not take into account this is a dk weight yarn instead of a worsted weight when I was following the pattern. Ah well...next time. and who knows, maybe by the time I wash it, it just might shrink up to a dandy little coaster size.


Project Scoop
Pattern: Waffle Stitch Dishcloth Rav Link
Yarn CotLin Glacier
Needles: Size 8
Size: 10x10

I had the kids come and pick up my dining room table and chairs the other day. I had been meaning to give it to them for a while now and finally got the lead out of my but and got it out of my place and into thiers. ( I just love dumping stuff on them...hehe)

Now I have this big empty space to fill, but I am not buying new furniture yet, nope, I am going to fill it with boxes of packed goods. I don't like to wait for the last minute to do things, and even if the right place doesn't come along, I will still move away from the ignorant neighbor upstairs and the usless landlord and into a different place.

Hopefully my next post will have another F/O to share, but failing that I will definately have a story.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Love Brodie helping! Awesome socks too..great job. Remember its the process not the FO! Enjoy what you do! Love ya!

Nancy said...

Your socks look great. It does feel good to get those never-ending projects off of the needles. (I have a similar problem with a pair of socks)

Dawn said...

I'm so sorry Jeanne! That wasn't very nice of me to mention that!
:( You DO have a life after all, I know how busy you are! The socks came out great and I'm glad to see you're still knitting, whether you finish anything or not!

And I'll be keeping good thoughts that you get a new and better place soon. That neighbor seems like an total ass. You deserve better than to pay to live in a place like that. Keep looking and don't give up.

(((Hugs)))

PS I love your stories, what the heck happened when you dyed yarn? LOL!!

NatRed2 said...

LOL...Yes... the process...that's it.I was just enjoying the process for 5 months...LOL

Dawn you are so funny, work is not a life. Even I know that ;) and don't worry I will not give up looking, right now I am listening to a herd of elephants upstairs. So much for sleep today.

You are right Nancy, it feels great to get a project off the needles. I seem to have many of such projects waiting to be finished.

Aunt Kathy said...

Great socks, not sure if they ar ein ym queue, I must remedy that idf they are not. And PINK is my favorite color too

NatRed2 said...

Hi Kathy - pink is one of my favorite colors too! If these aren't in your queu then they should be ;)
The pattern was not difficult, it just took more concentration than what my mind was able to give.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...