Saturday, February 07, 2009

Knitting? What's that??



I know...I can't believe it has been so long since my last post!! Where in the heck does the time go!

All this shift bouncing has me so discombobulated (remember when that wasn't even a real word) that I don't know if I am coming or going and I have not done much of anything besides work and sleep. I have way too much going on at work to be very productive at home. My brain is generally on shut down by the time I get home, so I have not even done the simplest of knitting. Mix in training New Girl, which has been my top priority, then throw in learning and training on new computer system for dispatching ( my other top priority) and you end up with one burned out knittereze person!

We are in crunch time for both training the New Girl, who goes live at the end of the month, and getting everyone up to speed with CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch), a much long awaited and longed for system, which is going live in mid March. I personally am very excited about both!I am so looking forward to scrapping the old and inefficient computer/paper system I can almost taste it.

New Girl (Lisa) is turning out to be a good fit with the rest of us unbalanced folk. She has been a joy to train, and after this week she will be ready for the Shadow Phase.

In between all these important goings ons, I also have the Special Olympics Polar Plunge coming up in a month. YIKES! ....Can you say follow the bouncing ball?

(IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob)

I managed to get one Tidal Wave sock done, but it took me so long to get the foot done that I am pretty darn sure I will have to learn the pattern all over again. Or I could just walk around one footed for a while...who needs a pair of socks anyway.



If you look real close...you can almost see the wavy pattern.

And did I mention I joined a sock yarn club? No? GUESS WHAT??? I joined a sock yarn of the month club. Oh Yah...Like I needed more sock yarn, and wait...Is that another hole in my head? Yup, I joined Art Walk, which is Zen Yarn Garden yarn (very yummy), and I really liked the idea of the colorways being inspired by materpiece artwork. Still, not your run of the mill sock yarn and maybe I will get some motivation by it... I could sure use some right about now. 

All my bloggin' friends seem to have motivation in droves and I am needing some of it to rub off on me. Dawn and Carrie always seem to have so much going on and manage to knit up a storm. I don't know how they do it. Kinda makes me feel like a slug-a-bug.

Here is my first shipment from them....Yum Yum! The Febuary selection Petunia, Don't ask me when I am going to knit it up...no clue there. But I like it!



...and a little art history to go with it...Taken from Art.com
Georgia O’Keeffe (1887 – 1986) was a groundbreaking Modernist painter who digressed from realism to express her own visionary style. Raised in rural Wisconsin, which gave her a love of nature and formed the basis for her revolutionary artwork, O’Keefe is best known for flower paintings which made up a significant percentage of her work. Expressing what she felt, rather than what she had been taught, O’Keeffe painted enormous close-ups of flowers, transforming their contours into fascinating abstractions, and highlighting their importance in a manner that commanded attention. One of the most influential and innovative artists of the 20th century, O’Keeffe was the first woman to have her own exhibition at New York’s Museum of Modern Art.

Now... if I could just get caught up with all my blog-pals...

4 comments:

Dawn said...

hey we could put the one sock I have done and your one sock and we'd have a pair....ha ha. I need to get crackin on sock making...my club shipments start at the end of the month. Been real into crochet though lately? What beautiful yarn..one of my club kits last year was that same pic of O'Keefe's! I've never used zen yarn yet...how is it? Don't worry how much you get done...its the process thats enjoying and relaxing..if you rush to get things done it'll just zap the fun out of it. Life's too short not to enjoy what you're doing. Knit something fun. Love ya!

Dawn said...

Congrats on the sock club!! I haven't gotten that bug yet. I'm resisting until I use up more of my stash. (I've been buying like crazy anyway! LOL!!)

Your sock looks great, I have a single gal (pink sock) over here that can hang out with your single anytime too! ;O) Her mate will probably never get done anytime soon, but as Scarlett said "tomorrow is another day".

Take care and hang in there with work. I hope it slows down some soon with your new help and systems.

(((Hugs))))

NatRed2 said...

I haven't used the yarn yet but it feels real smooshy in the skein. I am still trying to find some balance in my life so I can relax with my knitting. Usually I don't suffer from second sock syndrome, so it shouldn't be too awfully long before I cast on, but I do get distracted. I never did finish up my other mitten or vertigo scarf.

We may have to form an one-ly sock club.

Unknown said...

Changing shifts while I was training really messed with me. So I can completely understand. I hope you can get your sleep on a good schedule soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...