Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Eastern Union Telegram?

"The Pony Express has no mail."
or
"Charlotte's Web has a hole in it"
or
"The eagle has flown the nest"
or
"The chicken did not cross the road"
or
"The fox is in the hen house"
or
"Pandora's box is open"
or 
"Danger Will Robinson"
0r 
" Dragonheart fears the sword"
or....


What the heck does all that mean you ask? Well sorry....I can't tell you ...it is all top secret code phases. And if I tell you, then I have to kill you...hehehe (evil laugh)

Ok Seriously, Eastern Union Telegram? is code for.... (you're not going to believe this) Did the Chief leave yet. Of course the officer that asks this way never can say "did the Chief leave yet?" in which case I would either type back yea or nay. Oh no! We have to go through this ridiculous dialog every time she works, because for some reason, she thinks it needs to be a secret question. 
Sometimes - I get a little carried away (no way!) and I type back a ridiculous response. I know...it is just beyond belief that I would play a silly game like that you're thinking, but yes, I do... sometimes I even fire back several different responses.  I guess that comes from working with people sillier that I am. Yah, Yah...that's it! I couldn't have got this way by myself!!

Ans seriously...that New Girl...she is always laughing at me! What Up!

And speaking of silly....OMG...Did you know that there are TONS of silly shiat on Facebook?? I can keep myself entertained for hours!  Oh yah...it is quiet pathetic!



I finally finished up the last of my BBB Lesson 1 swatches the other day. The last one (with the lace pattern) I ripped out about a dozen times before I was satisfied. Now they are washed and blocking as we speak, and I just have to type out my lesson questions and mail them off. I am getting alot out of this course so far and can't wait for lesson 2!!

Blocking...Hmmm... not my favorite chore. I decided to wait til I was finished with all five before I blocked them and I darn near ran out of pins. I think I kinda suck at blocking, which is probably why I probably avoid it like the plague. I'd better get over that if I am going to finish this course.


Here is the progress I made (or didn't, depending on you're own particular glass) on my Hollyberry Jacket. Not so very far, See all those needle tips? Can you see why I was so confusered?? Well I think I am doing it right, so we shall see what comes off the needles.

I think some simple -brainless-knitting is in order for today.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

At school we used "code," too. What fun to read about yours.

I don't like to block items either. I avoid it whenever possible.

Dawn said...

I wanta do those classes too...pretty good??? Lookin' good in the neighborhood!:)

Dawn said...

You're a braver soul than I am to attempt that course. I've heard how picky the ladies can be and I totally SUCK at blocking! LOL! But I know you can do it because you are a Bad A$$ knitter after all! :P

Code is always useful. Keeps the brain tuned up.

Unknown said...

Facebook is a never-ending cavalcade of entertainment. Hilarious!

NatRed2 said...

So far Lesson 1 has been educational! I say go for it! I had talked to Staci (Very Pink) before I started and she said the Masters course is well worth it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...