Friday, May 30, 2008

For the Love of Brodie






I realized it has been a very long time since my last post. Part of the reason is because I haven't really been knitting much. I am still working on my tofutsie sock (yes singular) I am at the toe, but not had the ambition to finish. I did start the Koolhaas which is turning out very Kool indeed! But that is as far as I have gotten. 



Something very exciting has come into my life and I have been more than a little bit distracted by it...or rather him. Meet Brodie, the new love of my life. Isn't he beautiful!!!

Last week, after scouring the Internet for a Sheltie pup, I finally found THE ONE. This little man has a face that reminds me of my old Sheltie Kashmir, and the has some of the same personality traits of the older one Eros.  In fact, he looked just enough like Kaz that it prompted me drive 700 miles on Saturday to pick him up. So Raine and hopped into my truck and took off to pick him up, we arrived back home at 4 am Sunday morning with our little bundle of joy. Little Brodie and Raine were both troopers during the long drive, no complaints out of either one of them.





The other exciting thing is that we have decided to move to a smaller, more energy efficient house. This house (rental) is waaaay to big for me to upkeep, and way too hard to heat! Our winter utilities are astronomical! We have been spoiled for so so many years here, with the large 3K house and the 4 acres of land that it will be a hard move for us, but it makes sense. So I have been spending a good deal of my off work time packing. Not one to wait til the last minute for something like that, ya know. This is a great time to get rid of crap that has been sitting around in boxes or on the shelf for the last six years. (deadables not included). 
A large garage sale is in the making ;)

So with all that going on, is it any wonder I haven't picked up a set of needles?

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Brodie certainly is a cutie, and you will have your hands full until he gets past the puppy stage. Enjoy every moment of chaos.

Dawn said...

What a little heart thumper!! I just love him! I see no knitting being done with a puppy around!! LOL!!!

Ugh, moving...my least favorite thing...take care of your back and don't get overwhelmed and turn into a basketcase like I do. ;O)

kathy b said...

Ohhhhhhh. What awonderful post. Puppy! I'd drive 700 miles for the right pup. Shelties are so smart. Keep us posted on all the fun.

Great idea to move to energy effecient smaller house. I ve always had a small house, and its cozy and more than I want to clean anyhow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...