Friday, April 25, 2008

I'd rather be Knitting!




Vegas was a pretty good time, and it was pretty good to me. Four days and four nights only cost me $300 in gambling...not too shabby. That means they gave me way more than I gave back since I came away with almost as much as I took with me.


(shopping not included-that is an entirely separate fund of course).





We stayed and played at the Big Apple (NY NY)



Then played at the MGM Grand and watched the men play with the big kitties.
(not on your life would I ever get inside there!!)



POWER WALKED our fat butts all the way to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch one day (and more shopping of course). Then we found out there was a shuttle that could take us the three flippin' miles back to the strip!
The lunch and shopping was well worth the long walk tho, (at least us girls thought it was).
My crazy brother-in-law-type-person (A fellow hillbilly) decided he wanted to ride the XScream at the top of the Stratosphere (insane). So we all dutifully watched him take his ride from the very windy observation deck at the top, with our hearts in our throats. I don't think these pictures do the height of the building and the rides justice.




We were waaaaaaay up there!





Here is Tuck (third one from the front with his hands in the air- crazy fool) Mind you this patricular ride throws you over the edge of the building and suspends you there. Towards the end of the ride we all heard Tuck yell out that he could not feel a certain part of his anatomy that is better left unmentioned. Altho it did generate a hearty chuckle out of the onlookers on the deck. ;)Our last full day we went about in an nice easy stroll. (That power walking spousal-type apparently decided he had enough and spent the entire day in bed- so much the better for the rest of us).


We stopped at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum. The figures were so real looking it was totally creepy. Creepy but very cool. There was also a surprise in the museum, which I won't spoil for anyone who might go there. I highly recommend taking a camera to the museum and making sure you make a pit stop prior to the surprise show!!



(Note the Caution sign above)



Tuck and Twig with the Blue Man Group




Tuck bumping it up with erm- somebody or other.






I'll just bet you never saw a Twig pole dance before...LOL
We were worried that he might throw a branch or something.
( I think this was Britney Ho - I mean Spears)




Tuck and Stevie singing Ebony and Ivory... ok -so Tuck was singing, Stevie just sat there.



And here is the result of my airplane knitting. Fingerless glove #1 for that boy who probably won't even wear them if he runs true to form. I slept the entire way home so I really only knit on the way there.



Quite frankly, I was so exhausted after the trip that I could not wait to get back to work and the two 12 hour shifts waiting for me this week!! I think I truly would have rather have stayed home and knit on my vacation.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I always hate coming back east, I'm always wiped out. I much prefer gaining those hours going west! LOL! What was in the museum? I want to know???? (since I won't be there anytime soon...)

Glad you got back safe. :)

NatRed2 said...

I am still wiped out! I guess I will just have to give you a call so as not to be a spoiler for everyone else on the museum.

Anonymous said...

Mom, those pics are hillarious!LOL. Seeing Twig n Tuck with the dancers is too funny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...