Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Viva Baby!



My Baby Surprise Jacket is all done, barring sewing the seams, of course. I had a much better understanding the second time round. Putting it together was like a Chinese puzzle. I twisted it this way and that way, and the finally - I figured out how it went. Thank goodness for that little neck line dip or I would have stuffed it in a drawer.  Since I have lots of this baby yarn I think I will make the little hat too that matches. I will stash it away for a future occasion when I finish. 


I also finished my Hooray for Me gloves. My very first time making fingers I will have you know! I did say I was going to challenge myself this year, didn't I. To some it may seem like baby steps, but for me I am breaking away from my comfortable norm.  Altho, once I get the hang of a pattern, I make it again and again and again, thus making it my new norm. 





My next pair will be for that boy. In a manly dark sagey color. Altho why I don't know, because I am sure he really doesn't deserve it, he has a definite evil side for sure! 

 I think I mentioned last time that we were planning a Vegas trip this week end. I was planning on getting myself a nice little base tan before I left because , I know, once out in that Nevada sun, I will be toast! 
So I take myself off to my friend's tanning salon, and have a very successful 10 min session. (red head, ya know) I am feeling pretty comfortable about it (having burnt myself badly last year) and decide I can handle the normal 20 minutes (seriously, I used to go almost daily). 
Well I left the shop on Sunday feeling life was good, however, by Sunday night my backside was burnt to a crisp! Talk about frying the fat!! It is really too bad you can't loose weight that way.

I break out the Solarcaine because I can no longer stand the pain late Sunday and realize  am never going to sleep without it. Ask my (evil) spousal type person to kindly spray my back. Which he did, along with my backside! Ok, thank you, I could reached that part myself, but he seemed to get a big kick out if it. So much so, that as I stand waiting for it to dry so I can re-dress, that evil person thought how funny to take sneaky pictures of my red backside with his damn Iphone!!

Worse yet, he had me convinced he put it on You Tube!!!  (no, don't go looking for it, he was just teasing) Men! Unfortunately he also seem to find it funny to show people at his work... oh and please did we have to magnify the dimples??

You're probably wondering why  I am making him a pair of fingerless gloves after that??? Because I stupidly do not hold grudges. Besides, it gives me a safe airplane project. I intend to forget about that horrible incident and plug my ears into my Ipod and knit my way across the country!

Finally- as I sit here waiting for my sheets to dry, I have finished my other slouchy sock, and will be styling at O'hare Airport. 

3 comments:

kathy b said...

You are so funny. I'll look for you on tv with those darling socks!

Your fingerless are amazing. My nails are all down to the quick from handwashing and winter. YOUR nails are amazing. Im jealous

Dawn said...

Did you use her double knitting technique for the fingers? I saw her do that on Knitty Gritty and wished I had known that before I had made three pairs already! LOL!

Well, I feel for you with the over-tan, I'm naturally tanned (heehee) being mexican but can still burn with along with everyone else. I know it's not fun!

Hope you had a great time! Bring home the dough!

NatRed2 said...

Dawn, that must have been an episode I missed. No double knitting, I knit around in a little itty bitty circle.



Kathy - Hopefully I did not make on to TV. We were tame enough and did not draw too much attention, except for the one security guard...

The secret of my nails is BUFFING :) Of course, I didn't show the right hand... that one never looks good. And the glove nicely covers my fat sausage fingers. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...