Friday, January 04, 2008

A little New Years Bling

I see that everyone has been posting their new years resolutions so I thought I would jump on the band wagon. Generally speaking, I never make any resolutions, at least ones that I know I can't keep. Cheating? Yes well, I know, but it works for me.
2007 was a brutal year in so many ways. For myself, I had a couple of near misses which made me realize that life was very precarious, and very precious!


So I guess my New Years Resolutions is simply this: Live to get healthier to live a longer life and to love life more.

I have learned that I am mortal (damn, who made that rule), and as such, I really have no time to dwell over the things that I cannot change, but to focus on the things that I can change. Since change comes from within, that is something that I have control over. I shall be as happy and healthy as I choose to be.
2008 will be a year for me to try thing that I have always wanted as well. Not really a resolutions but goals. I always put things off, like learning to spin, I have wanted to since I was a child in my pastors living room and saw my very first live spinning wheel. I have always wanted to own one. Well, and learn to use it of course. I did buy a hand spindle kit but the one time I tried it all it did was keep falling on the floor. I need to keep working on that I guess...lol


I have already branched out of my usual lazy, safe knitting and tried a couple of new things.

I started the multi directional scarf I had in my queue on Ravelry, and it seems to be coming along quite nicely. Still a lazy project, but with a new direction, so to speak..hehe



And I finished my beaded shell scarf, twice actually. Yup it was so much fun I frogged it and did it again. Ok, so no-not really, but I did frog and I did want it longer and I plan to make another one with the 5 shells instead of 4, but longer that the kit provided. Surprisingly it was much warmer than I thought it was going to be with all those glass beads. Good thing too since it damn near got down to 0 degrees the other night.
It was a big hit at work too, (ok bragging a little) Even the Chief oohed and aahhed over it. :)


Dawn, you so need to make one of these!!! I think it should be in every girls wardrobe!


IN THE NEWS!
Tomorrow morning my little girl is getting married! No, this is not an after thought, and I am only telling you just now because, well, I am sad and happy at the same time. This means my baby girl has grown up. :(

It will be a small intimate wedding held at the Babcock Center (court house), but I understand they do a very nice ceremony there. My sister in law is already crying, and if I was off today and thinking about it too hard I probably would be too. It seems like only yesterday she was just a baby, and even though she have her own baby, the whole married thing makes her so adult now. does that mean I am old now? NOT!
Nothing fancy, she said she doesn't want a bunch of people gawking at her, and frankly I feel the same way. But they plan on having a reception of sorts sometime this summer so it can be out of doors and they can invite all their friends and family. I personally believe that most people could put a sizable down payment on a house with the money spent on elaborate weddings. Some times it is good to be of average income. ;)
The wedding shower will come after the wedding. I was not too happy about that but they chose tomorrow because that is the only Saturday I have off this month. I tried to talk her into waiting for another month, they waited this long already, so that it could at least give me a chance to give her a proper send off into grown-up hood. But then I decided, it is her day, her way and what ever way she wants to go about this is fine with me. I got the consession of making it happen on my day off and that is good enough.
I know I have been going on and on like she is some little kid, which she always will be to me I guess, and she thinks she is grown up already.... she is 27 after all, as she likes to reminds me. What - Ever! She is still just a baby!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

When I read this on Ravelry, I was happy and sad too. So hard to explain, but there's so many things we "want" to happen one day.(we can't wait for them to WALK, TALK, go potty by themselves, HELP do things around the house, ride a bike, etc....) It made me think about my girls and how fast they're growing too...sob sob....But it's still a pretty darn special occassion and I'm so happy for her and your family! God Bless and I wish them MANY Happy years together!!!!

(And YES, I will make one of those one day! I LOVE, LOVE, that scarf!) You gotta let me know what yarns you're using for these and the multi one too! I love pink! ;)

NatRed2 said...

Dawn Thank you for your good wishes. I feel exactly the same way, happy and sad at the same time. They are both very happy, and with that I must be content, but boy is it hard to let go!

Makes it all the worse since today I ran across some of her baby pictures *snif snif*.

I feel better know there is someone else to look out for her well being now too.

Charlie Chuckles said...

Congrats to your daughter and her fella........I have a little daughter who is only one year old at the moment but it brought a lump to the back of my throat reading your post!

I think I understand your feelings, they are all inspired by love.

NatRed2 said...

Hi Charlie- Thank you! Hold on to your little Beanie as long as you can. They grow up so fast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...