Thursday, January 17, 2008

Baby Love

I am on the downward slope of the Baby Love Blanket now, and feeling a bit more comfortable in my mile goal...I am so going over it.. I just know it.

Dawn called me the energizer bunny the other day. Oh how I wish that was true! In my younger days I could say I resembled that remark but not so now. There was a time when I could stay up late and get up early and keep right on going through out the day.

Working close to a hundred hours in a week was common place back in the day, and then go out and dance the night away. Now I am happy to be able to get through a 50 and sometimes a 40 hour work week, and still be able to crawl out of be the next day and function. And on top of being older (notice I did not say old) I have to watch what I eat so carefully that if I don't, I am laid low for an entire day. That was the case the other day. I have gotten so good at pretending that I feel fine, people (myself included) tend to forget that I am not until I have one of those days. Sleeping is such a waste of time in my opinion I feel like I am missing out on the rest of the world by sleeping. I always figure I can sleep when I am dead.

Hmmm, maybe I better not say that too loud.

Thank God for mindless knitting. I just don't feel right if I had not knit something every day! I happen to be one of those unusual people that like garter stitch! I like the mindless part, since I think most of my knitting is done when I am half comatose. And I like the way it looks. I am not surprised when I read reviews on this blanket. All the things that people disliked about it are the things I like about it. And to boot, this makes a great stash down project! Sure it is not a challenging pattern, but I have plenty of that going on too.



Knit a Mile Challenge


Now that I have knitted an acceptable amount of mileage, ( can now add an additional 1125 yards to my count) I can get to work on some finishing up that scarf. I can barely deal with the guilt involved in leaving UFO.



If you look to your left, you can see the Blog Roll I started for the people involved in the Knit Mile Challenge. I thought it would be a fun way to keep an eye on everyone else's progress. Not that this is everyone involved, just the ones that are, so far, keeping track of their progress online. Challengers- I highly recommend that nifty little knit meter button. It very nicely calculates everything for you!!

There have been a number of factors lately that have kept me from knitting as much as I would like. work, being numero ono on the list losts to do this time of year. Then there is Blogger. I have been doing a little housekeeping here too (or at least trying to), Blogger can be frustrating to say the least. When I have nights like last night that challenge me to figure out a way of faking Blogger out, (it is that whole button issue all over again, WTF!) I become tempted to move my blog .
Ravelry has been taking up a good deal of my time as usual. Another good reason for mindless knitting. I can browse the boards there and not worry about losing track of my project. Kill two birds-so to speak. There is so much to see and do there and a gazillion groups to check out. I am fast becoming a group groupie. And that Casey is a genius!!! See the nifty progress bars??? I wish I new how to write code, if I did I sure as heck wouldn't be using Blogger.. hehe


Happy V-Day to me!



Yup - I have bought myself a Valentines present. Yes I know it's early. No you can't know...it is a surprise... :) It is a really big surprise and you will just have to wait til Valentines Day to find out...lol a little suspense is good for the soul. I personally, can barely stand the wait. ;)


No ... it is not Red but, It probably could be.

Hopefully I will have some FO's to share next post.










7 comments:

Priscilla said...

You are making great progress on your mile! I like the blanket, too. I'm not sure which reviews you read, but I have read where diagonal baby blankets are great because they actually stay on the baby, unlike a lot of other types of blankets that tend to fall off as the baby moves around in its sleep. I'm not a mom, so I can't verify the truth of this, but it struck me as interesting when I read it (and a mom who knits wrote it, so it's probably accurate). You've also given me an idea about what to do with the 3 or 4 skeins of Pound of Love that I have in my collection. Now that will bust some stash!

kathy b said...

First of all, thanks for reading iriseyes. I never knew! Now i can bookmark your blog?

I am a scanner nut. Are you a 911 dispatcher! My husband is a firefighter/medic in the chicago suburbs. I love a good afternoon/evening with the scanner on. My family thinks I am nuts. My husband likes to leave his work behind, so he turns it off on me all the time.

I knit to the scanner!

NatRed2 said...

Kathy I love your blog, and you be pleased to have you book mark mine :)

Yup - 911 Dispatcher- keeps me insane :P- maybe you listen to me. We have two scanners in our house, so that nothing is missed.... we are inherently nosey people. LOL


Pricilla- I suppose maybe it is because it is knit on the bias that is might not slide off as easily, Ithat had never occurred to me.
Lots of people on Ravelry had made comments on the monotony of the project. But I like that about it. It is a great way to use up stash for sure! Mile on!

Dawn said...

I like garter too, I was checking out all kinds of dishcloth patterns and just decided to go simple for a few. It's just peaceful. (And I'm really tired! LOL!!)

Darn!! I'm so NOT good at surprises or secrets!!! I'm going to bug you every day.........

Dawn said...

Is it a car????

Is it a new computer???

Is it a spinning wheel???

NatRed2 said...

eeerrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm

Maybe
Maybe
Maybe...my lips are sealed ;)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to find out too :) Is it knitting related?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...