Sunday, December 14, 2014

just one more

Before I took up blogging again, I gave careful consideration on picking up where I left off here, albeit two years ago, or starting from scratch. 

You see my choice. It seemed like a waste since I already had my stuff here. It is hard work doing all those little side bars and links and what nots. So I here I am, I hope you enjoy it. 


I have spent the better part of the weekend trying to get the rest of my "Emergency Christmas Knitting" finished. So it comes down to this. If make for one, I have to make for all or somebody will get their feelers hurt. Well pooh, my little fingers hurt!

Since all of the hats are easy stockinette, I decided today it was a good time to practice continental knitting. Even though it is awkward for me I think eventually it will make it faster. If I can stick with it.



So far today I have practiced on two hats. Hopefully it will become more natural to me. It has been on my learn-to-do list for many years.

But right now...my left hand aches as much as my right!

I don't know about you guys, but I really like the yarn from Hobby Lobby. Not that I have a huge choice here in the sticks, but Yarn Bee Effortless is so soft and mushy and makes two hats from 1 skein most of time. It as 20% alpaca so it makes it nice and warm.
My girls really enjoy that lemme tell ya, especially as they live in Wisconsin. The other plus is that I know they won't wash them with care so my efforts won't be wasted.

and here is one more.

And every time I think, yay this is the last one...I think of one more boy in the family that needs one.
It always seems to be just one more.


I managed to squeeze in a cheater loaf of bread today too!


And little Brodie did this all day!



happy knitting xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

New ( smaller for my tiny head) hats and mittens always welcome here ;-) And I do wash with care most of the time lol . The Alpaca have been great in those -30 days last year, thank you !
Happy you're blogging again and enjoying the peaceful sticks . Love you!

Jeanne said...

Hahaha... you guys always get the goods. I have my basket of winter goods sitting in the dining room now. I think I need a bigger basket!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...