Saturday, October 15, 2011

Big Scary Bridge !



Last week I had to drive across that big scary bridge again...aka the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.



This is me on the way up...



This is me at the top...(white knuckled of course)





And starting the descent- for some reason it is not quite as scary on the way down.


I know my pictures leave a lot to be desired, it is very difficult to take a picture while keeping both hand in a death grip on the steering wheel.  But I think the this next picture courtesy of Wikipedia gives a much better view!



SEE!?!?!? I told you... BIG SCARY BRIDGE!!!

Just over 4 miles of sheer terror...for me at least. Unfortunately my doctor happens to be on the other side of that bridge from me.  Did I happen mention they close  that bridge on a regular basis due to high winds?


In the mean time...

I am still plugging away at my wimple, I am nearing the end of the second repeat...geez louise!
And I decided to try something a little more, erm mindless...riiiiight

  I am trying my hand at a wrist band...specifically one of these Pretty Twisted Cuff's.
'cept, this will be my first attempt at linen stitch, and you know how I hate to pay attention. So while I'm thinking it looks pretty good on the 'wrong side',,,the 'right side' looks like this!


Not supposed to have bumps on this side...grrrrr!!

Do over!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Yikes, that is a scary bridge. Water and I don't get along very well (I can't swim a stroke), so I would be terrified. High winds? Even worse.

NatRed2 said...

I can swim Nancy but it still isn't a comfort when I have to cross that bridge. It is getting easier though, now I can look from side to side (briefly ) when I am crossing.

Dawn said...

Where's my zanax...can't look or think about that without my zanax! Yikes!!

NatRed2 said...

Yes I feel like a need a zanax sometimes just to drive in this state...LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...