Saturday, January 02, 2010

Welcome 2010

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe time ringing in the New Year!!


Time was when I used to get dressed to the nines, put on my best CFM shoes and find the biggest, baddest and loudest New Years Eve party in town. Stay out dancing all night long, and hope someone in my group was still able to drive! My favorite party joint...The Brat Stop! Oh Yah! Those were the good ole' days of jeans so tight you had to use a fork to zip them, lighted dance floors and disco balls :)

These days it's, put on some comfortable jeans ('cause you need room for all that food you know you're going to eat), sneakers, and a semi cute top with a zippered hoodie, (because you know that window has to be open to let all the smoke out), and head on over to the family member with bar in the basement! Fortunately for me I didn't have to drive, and I brought my own bar tender ;) My boy knows how I like my cocktails!

Still, us girls danced all night long like in the old days even tho we weren't wearing the requisite shoes. And the party was plenty loud and obnoxious, and the Captain was still my best friend! Well, maybe all night was a stretch, since we all cleared out by 1:30, but hey....we're all older now and need our beauty sleep. And since I am usually working the holidays, it was especially fun for me!

I FINALLY FINISHED THOSE NORO SOCKS!
Sorry- I just felt that one needed a headliner. I have never been so excited to get a project off the needles as I was these socks. I'm still pretty sure I am not going to like them on my feet tho.

Super duper secret project!!! Okay, not really so secret since I posted it, I am going to try to get this afghan finished before Marks birthday...I have 18 more days. It is crochet so it goes pretty quick, but it is not very portable.



I made no lofty resolutions this year since I know I won't keep them anyway. I did take care of that all important The Year Ahead tarot reading, but even without that, I will be looking forward into the new year, and crossing my fingers hard that it will be prosperous.


2 comments:

Dawn said...

Great looking projects! Those socks are pretty!

Happy 2010!!
Dawn :)

Dawn said...

Awesome projects! Happy 2010 may it be a wonderful one for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...