Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Here I am!!! I dressed as a freelance photographer for Halloween, could you tell?? Ok maybe not really freelance since the Chief requested my presence at the annual Hot Dog Roast to take pictures, but hey, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Note that I am all bundled up in my newly completed Noro Beret and Noro Stripe Scarf and my new fingerless gloves. Not so much a fashion statement since the gloves don't match my hat and scarf but it was darn cold here today!! And of course I had to stand outside (miss going trick or treating a-gain!) freezing my patutie off taking pictures of the hordes of masked masses coming for their free hot dog and chips.

When all that was said and done, go back home so I can sit and veg for a couple of hours before going back to work for my regular shift and ermmm that extra hour while ya'll got to sleep that I got to work.


As you can see, I am on a Noro kick. I picked up some Noro sock yarn on Ebay about a week ago and I am naturally diving right into yet another pair of socks. I don't want to get to crazy or anything but I am trying to be more like TN Dawn and shakin' up my sock knitting with a little stitch pattern. True to Jeanne fashion however, this Twisted Sock pattern (Rav link of course), had to have change up in it. I didn't care for the cuff so I used my standard cuff, I also found that the first few stitches in the pattern aggravated me. It had some purling in the set that make it look like it has a seem...um no! Isn't that the whole point of knitting in the round? Anyway I took out the seamy purls and continued in a smooth twist ;)
Here is my completed Beret


Pattern Scoop:Pattern:Last Minute Purled Beret
yarn: Noro Silk Garden (worsted weight)
Needles size 6
(I used 80 stitches to cast on but I think in this yarn I could tighten it up a little for my head)


Poor Sarah had surgery on her ears A-gain! The poor kid has been chronic with ear problems since she was about two and her right ear was severely damaged. So on Monday we all spent 11 hours waiting in the hospital (fun times) for the doctor to work his magic on her - while I knit away on my wimple...slow going for me and slow recovery for Sarah.

A marathon audio book session seemed to be the ticket after that ordeal. I downloaded Nora Roberts Sign of Seven trilogy for my little lazy fest. OMG! That series was so intense that I could not make myself turn it off to go to sleep! I went right from one to the next, and was damn annoyed when I had to stop to take a nap before going back to work. Usually Nora Roberts books don't intrigue me but this was these had me from the first.
So while I had the crap scared out of me I managed to finish my no name slip stitch sockies. Pretty pleased with how they turned out I might add.

Project Scoop
Pattern: My own no name socks... ;)
Yarn: Zen Yarn Garden Art Walk sock yarn - Petunia (very very nice to work with)
Needles size 2

I gotta tell you- I have had more trouble getting this post out. Is it me...or Blogger?? 3 times I have had to re-up load my pics...WTF! Lost all of my links I pain stakingly put in, had some wonky stuff happen with the font formatting....and lost my sig!!! It has taken me two days but here it finally is sans sig ;)

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Love, love, love all of your finished projects!

Blogger has been giving me fits, too. I thought it was my computer or connection.

Dawn said...

I feel soooooo lazy with this extra hour! I just want to sleeeeeep! ;O) Richard's on a business trip, I'm missing school busses and driving all over kingdom come over here. Sigh. :/

Wow!!! Love that sock pattern! Want Want Want! I love how it broke up the colors on the leg part!

I agree, KITR=NO SEAMS!!! Even "pretend" ones! Are they nuts? I keep changing things around lately too, I think it's something in the air!

We have matching Noro hats now! Well, mine will be on it's way to my Auntie, but I sure love it too. I may have to make myself one too. The colors are just so pretty! I think I'm going to try some Noro mitts next. There's a simple pattern on Rav for those.

Take it easy and I hope Sarah's ears are okay. 11 hours! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

I love the Beret mom! Thank your lucky stars you can wear stuff like that in the winter. Oh , can you whip me up a very thick, wide and warm scarf ? And possibly Raine too? In desperate need of something warm since Jack Frost showed his face very early this yr.

NatRed2 said...

Dawn you'll definately have to make another Noro hat so we can be twinage!

Sarah...why you always anonymous dork?? You guys have a ton of scarves...WTF. I will see what I can do about some new ones. I'm thinking some chunky weight?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...