Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hey I Have a Closing Date!!

My days have been filled with, trying to recoup from my trip and the slam of overtime I have had...Not to mention, all the meetings I have had regarding the purchase of MY NEW HOUSE! Yup...I finally got off the stick and made a damn decision. Brandy New townhome, end unit next to protected wetlands to boot. What a gorgeous view I have, in fact it is in the area that I wanted in the first place (except for that one that was down the street from my brother...that would have been my top pick)

My closing isn't until the 12th and I want to move so badly that I can taste it.

Currently, this is what the inside of my apartment looks like... YUK! It is driving me crazy, (yah yah.. I know, a short putt) but it is all for a good cause. I have to pack when I can since I don't have an abundance of functional free time. And I have been doing a ton of pitching stuff, either via trash or Freecycle.

So while I was visiting my cousins, maybe I mentioned that Robbie and I went out to the back 40 ( and the near 40) to do a little target practice. This is the little baby he sent me home with, I think he probably felt it was all I can handle, and for now, I will concede that he is right. I told my brother there is a place near our homes where we can go for target practice, but I think it is a private gun club. I haven't yet had time to check it out yet but I think it will be a good time for some sibling bonding. Nothing like being able to go out on into your back yard, so to speak and fire off a few rounds at a bucket tho.

I was too tired to check my mail box for damn near a week, and when I finally did I discovered this package waiting for me.  A little contest surprise from Jant's Art!
With so much other stuff going on I completely forgot about it so it was like having Christmas all over again :-P

Of course, I can't play with it yet- and immediately packed it so I will not be tempted to unpack my swift and ball winder.


Aside from all of the Dispatcher and Policey stuff that I have been teaching New Girl, I also taught her to knit. The girl is a quick study lemme tell you! This is her very first project, also my house warming gift for my new place. I am so very proud of her!! She has made two more dish cloths since I taught her to knit, and those are patterned ones, and well as starting a scarf in seed stitch. I even talked her into joining my "cult" as she puts it, Ravelry!!  I think she is hooked!!


This one was supposed to be Open Star but somehow I made a boo boo in the pattern stitch,probably due to that not paying attention thing I do. I knitted 2 instead of 3 before I PSSO'd - I am not unhappy with how it turned out however. This one has made it into the bathroom. I decided I needed all new stuff for my new house, but I actually cheated and started using it right away.

Project Scoop
Yarn: Peaches & Creme
Needle: size 7

Last night I whipped up a reverse miter cloth in pinks. No pic yet, next time. 
It has me thinking I need an afghan in miter squares tho, I even considered unpacking that sweater I was working on and frogging it to start one. 

Hmmm, well....maybe not.




3 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations on the new home. You will be there and unpacked before you know it. I hope your move goes smoothly.

Dawn said...

Can't wait to hear you say you're all settled in!! Congrats on the new place! It looks really nice!

Oh no! You converted another one! More competition out there now for all the yarn....LOL!!! Take it easy and keep us posted! :)

NatRed2 said...

Thanks! I can't wait to move...I want to go shopping for window treatments and wall decor ;)

Dawn I will convert as many people as I can...LOL If I could I would teach it in grade school for a living ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...