Friday, March 28, 2008

What a froggy week.

It has just been one of those froggy weeks for me. Never never try to knit a complicated pattern when your eyes are trying to close. 

I apparently have too many things going at once again- go figure. I was happily knitting away on my baby surprise jacket thinking I had a handle on it, when I realized something was rotten in Denmark. I was all the way to the neckline decreases and somewhere along the way I lost track of my increases. Now that I have a visual of how it is supposed to look, I realised that I had a stubby sleeve. WTF Chuck! 
So yesterday I ripped the whole damn thing out. Rather than try to figure out where I went wrong, I will just start over with a fresh mind. 

My poor Alien guy ended up with a lopsided face too, I lost track of where I was on my graph and skipped a couple of rows. Don't worry, I am not going to frog the whole thing. I am on motif #4 and I am only ripping back about 4 rows so it is not a tragedy. 
 
Since things were not going so well on those two projects, I worked on my bath mat. I  think I only need about 10 more inches and it should be a good size, I am trying to keep shrinkage in mind for this since it is 100% cotton.    The Rug is only 17 inches wide, I figured this way it will be about the width of floor space between the potty and the tub. Yes I know, not much space at all. I am planning the length for right around 37 inches. So yay- I am almost done with a project! I have found that commercial rugs are either ity bity or they are too wide for my bathroom. I think this one was an after thought in the house, because the other bathroom is much bigger.
 When we first moved in here I called dibs on the big bathroom, but that boy vetoed me. How does that happen? And since when do men need the biggest bathroom, I have way more junk than he does!
I finally gave up on Hobby Lobby getting my beads in. Whoever does the ordering for that department completely sucks!! I ran out to Michael's last night and picked up 5 more of those little flippin' tubes of beads. Paid more than twice what I paid for them at Hobby Lobby, but I am annoyed with them, so for now, they are on my boycott list. To top things off, the damn things, are just a little off in color and size. I am hoping that I am the only one that will notice there are actually 3 different beads in my scarf. But, even so, I happily sat watching the X-Files and stringing beads onto my yarn. Once the beads are strung, the knitting goes PDF ( pretty darn fast) so I should be finishing up the scarf in the next couple of days.  Not that I plan on being able to wearing it this year, I think we had our last freaky snow yesterday, but at least it will be done! 
Raine and I are going to see Horton Hears a Who today, so it will be good theater knitting ;) 



I am really going to work on finishing up some of these things here before I start yet another project. 

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Hey!! How was the movie?? How's the elbow doing??

Well, even with your boo-boos you're accomplishing way more than I am! I can't even begin anything lately! I'm STUCK! Agh!

I know what you mean, I think these chain stores are getting worse and worse. I hardly go to my HL or ACMoore at all anymore. My Michael's is WAYYY to far away to even bother. It's like they just don't give a hoot.

That's funny, all of my bathrooms are pretty small, what we lost there we gained in bedroom space tho. They're pretty cramped as well so that's a great idea....ack! My brain can't handle another project idea right now! Remind me later K??? hahahaha

kathy b said...

Stringing beads, wahoo!

have fun at who!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nat Red knits,
I just tagged you with a blog meme '6 things you like to do.' See my blog for the meme. Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...