Friday, September 21, 2007

My Stash Runneth Over

Ok, What is it with yarn that leads to compulsive shopping? Is it the softness, the color, the textures, or perhaps it is the endless possibilities. I attended Stitches Midwest in Rosemont this August. Waited for an entire year with bated breath. Having attended last year for the first time, I felt like I had discovered a gold mine! In fibers of course...so I naturally loaded up on wool and cotton, bought an autograph copy of Knitting Nell. Bought some books and more yarn of course. I felt like I was in heaven.

Here, where I live, there are no LYS's. We have Walmart, Hobby Lobby, and Michael's...woo. woo. We all know what kind of yarn can be purchased there. So for obvious reasons, most of my shopping is done via Internet.

So as I said, I attended again in August. And yet again I bought an obscene amount of yarn. This time mostly exotic sock yarn. Played with some needle felting and dying yarn (very cool). Bought myself some Addi needles (also not available in this area) and this Louet drop spindle kit, which I might add that I seem to fairly suck at.


So here I sit with most of last year's purchases, this year's purchases, as well as every other orphan ball of yarn from any project I over purchased for. Yarn that was bought because it was pretty, even tho there was no pattern in mind. Yarn that has been frogged for re-use.

I feel some serious organization is needed here, along with a solid plan for utilization. I am leaning towards some frenzied charity knitting for this year. I think I can just knit from my stash for- oh a good year or so. I will work on that!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...